A Call to the Church for Instant Obedience
This past week the unthinkable happened to a family I know. A drunk driver lost control of a vehicle and plowed into their young daughter’s bedroom. The room was completely destroyed. Seconds before this happened, they called their daughter to come to dinner. She instantly obeyed and left the room seconds before the vehicle hit her room. Because she instantly obeyed her parents and did not ignore their instructions, or say, “I’ll be there in a few minutes”, her life was spared. Instant obedience saved their precious young daughter from being a victim of this unexpected tragedy. Her room could be replaced; her life could not. Her instant obedience to her parents made the difference between life and death.
We as believers can all learn a great lesson from this. As we approach the end times, God is sounding an urgent alarm for the body of Christ to wake up and instantly obey! No more excuses. No more ignoring the call. No more “I’ll do that later” or “There’s plenty of time”. God is calling the Church to repentance, holiness and instant obedience. No more “partial” obedience. As my senior pastor Dr. Jamie Morgan always says, “Partial obedience is disobedience”.
Partial obedience to God led His people into bondage, slavery defeat and destruction time and time again. Throughout the Bible we see where Satan deceived people into not fully obeying God.
1. Partial obedience drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden and introduced death into the world. “He drove out the man, and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim and a flaming sword that turned every way to guard the way to the tree of life.” (Genesis 3:24)
2. Partial obedience kept Moses and the first generation of Israelites delivered out of Egypt out of the Promised Land. “For the people of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, until all the nation, the men of war who came out of Egypt, perished, because they did not obey the voice of the Lord; the Lord swore to them that he would not let them see the land that the Lord had sworn to their fathers to give to us, a land flowing with milk and honey.” (Joshua 5:6).
3. Partial obedience led Lot’s wife out of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah but into a pillar of salt. “But Lot's wife, behind him, looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.” (Genesis 19:26).
Partial obedience is sin, and sin leads to death.
However, we also know that those throughout the Bible who obeyed God fully and quickly were saved and used by Him in the darkest hours.
1. Despite persecution and not one indication of the pending doom about to unleash on the earth, Noah instantly obeyed God, and built the ark. “And Noah did all that the Lord had commanded him. “(Genesis 7:5) Noah and his family were spared.
2. Despite feeling of dread and grief, Abraham instantly obeyed God when He asked him to sacrifice His only son, and his son’s life was spared. “By myself I have sworn, declares the Lord, because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply your offspring as the stars of heaven and as the sand that is on the seashore. And your offspring shall possess the gate of his enemies, and in your offspring shall all the nations of the earth be blessed, because you have obeyed my voice.” (Genesis 22:16-18) Abraham became the friend of God and the father of nations.
3. Despite years of betrayal, Joseph instantly obeyed God and was able to save the world from starvation. “As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.” (Genesis 50:20) Joseph became second highest in command of all of Egypt.
4. Despite fear of losing her own life, Esther instantly obeyed God’s voice through Mordecai, and approached the king to expose Haman’s plans to destroy the Jews. “Then I will go to the king, though it is against the law, and if I perish, I perish”. (Esther 4:16) Esther, and her people were saved from total destruction.
5. Despite what seemed impossible in the natural, Mary instantly obedient to God. “Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” (Luke 1:38) Through the conception of the Holy Spirit Mary gave birth to the Savior of the world.
6. Despite being so anguished He sweated tears of blood and asked that the cup of death be passed from Him, Jesus instantly obeyed God to endure the cross. “In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence. Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered. And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him.” (Hebrews 5:7-9) Jesus saved mankind from eternal destruction.
Instant obedience is not based on feelings.
Many throughout the Bible felt heartache, fear, hopelessness and hopelessness. They suffered persecution, hardships and unfair treatment. However, they decided to obey out of their love, commitment and reverential fear of the Lord.
The time is now to listen to God’s voice and do whatever He says whenever He says it. There is no more time to waste on foolish and selfish worldly desires. The spirit of Antichrist is running rampant throughout this world, and God is looking for His people to shine brightly through the darkness and speak louder than the voice of compromise and distractions. It’s time to redeem the time God has given us, “for the days are evil.” (Ephesians 5:16)
Followers of Christ who currently have one foot in the world and one foot with God have a critical decision to make--complete and instant obedience to God, or complete and blatant disobedience to God. Both yield eternal consequences. “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.” (Matthew 7:21)
God is pleading with to His people to repent and obey because of His great love and desire for fulfillment of the very specific and predestined calls that He intended for His children to fulfill for His Kingdom.
There is not one person in this entire world who is exempt from obeying God fully. If Jesus did it during His time on earth, and His Holy Spirit is now living inside of His followers, there are no excuses.
Those who instantly obey will experience new levels God’s glory and power to fulfill their call in these last days to gather the harvest.
God in His mercy and grace is warning His people to listen to His voice and instantly obey! The Holy Spirit will give you the strength, courage and ability to carry out what God has called you to do! “If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love”. (John 15:10)
Just as like the precious little girl who was spared from the destruction of the drunk driver because she instantly obeyed, may all in Christ be willing and ready to obey God and those he placed in spiritual authority over us in this critical hour.
Dr. Meg Hart founded Restored Women in 2015 and Restored Global in 2018, both ministries birthed into her heart from God as a result of the great revelation, redirection and restoration she experienced through Jesus.
She is an ordained pastor through Global Ministries and Relief Inc. and holds an EdD in Performance Improvement from Capella University
She is the proud mother of one daughter, Mackenzie, and serves at Life Church in Williamstown, New Jersey.
She recently published her first book, Falling in Love Again: Redirecting Your Earthly Rejection to Eternal Restoration by Amazon.com Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1705397336/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_7fhSEb11KA6S6
This article originally appeared at restoredwomen.com.